Tuesday, August 16, 2016

We've Got a Road

After meeting with our straight shooter PM, who basically said that he's honestly, only been back to our part of the development maybe twice, because there's no road there yet, we were properly tempered. As in, OK, this guy's going to build us a quality home, once he actually gets the permit, which requires the road to be in, which also requires county approval I think. He said that the actual construction of the road won't take long, maybe a couple days, and that it could be any day now. That was stated on 8/8 at 8 AM Pre-con meeting. He also said that he'd let us know as soon as it went in, and when our house was staked out, so we could better visualize the property lines

Well, we drove by over the weekend, and there was a road!!! Actually, it was just grey cement? Maybe a base coat? I dunno...doesn't matter. My excitement abounds.
Me just thinking about what comes next!


Our SR called yesterday and requested some additional monies, that she said she thought she had collected already, and I docu-signed something or another. I'm going to call or text the PM this week and ask for a more official update. From his words, he stated that if they were able to break ground this week, we'd be done by mid-November--assuming no acts of nature, etc.,

While I don't think they'll break ground this week (I'm also no expert), since I think that what we saw was just step one of the road, and not the actual road. However, I'm hopeful that maybe they'll be able to begin by the end of the month, and we could plan on spending our first Christmas in the house? We shall see.

1 comment:

  1. Woo hoo! A road! That's progress. I hope things move along quickly and smoothly for you now. Funny, we broke ground on July 19 but also have a completion estimate of mid November. It will be interesting to see how our homes progress. Best of luck!

    ReplyDelete