Monday, August 1, 2016

Permit to build a road: Let's speed this up

Busy weekend last weekend. What, with JUMPING OUT OF AN AIRPLANE and all...

So brave, I let the guy behind me borrow my parachute!

After that, the excitement of the weekend was all downhill. Ok, not really, because there was apparently flash flooding in our state (MD). Maybe not flash, but definitely flooding. Again, not where I lived, but not far from where we "were" considering buying a home and not far from my job either.

Not cool!

We were on our way to Philadelphia however, and didn't return back to town until all the dust had settled. Not too much, if any, house stuff occurred, except for some docusign stuff for home amendments (such as adding outlets and the floor to ceiling tiling).

I did get a phone call from our PM though, actually a voicemail, since I missed his call, once again apologizing for being unable to make our original pre-construction meeting Pre-Pre-Construction Meeting. The main thing that came of that message was his reiteration of the fact: We can't get a permit for your house until there's pavement back there.   

I'll hammer him with questions (see what I did there?) when we actually speak, specifically regarding the aforementioned road we need. Mainly, what's the hold-up? What is actually needed (i.e., survey's, or water table questions or greasing of palms or what???)

Interesting enough, I had tried to look into this (meaning, I googled our street name and the county) and came up with an interesting *.pdf, listing the discussion of our community being planned, as far as 10 years ago. And there was specific mention of concern regarding our lot and something referred to as "uncontrolled fill".

We have no idea what that means, other than context clues, but, it's a tad bit scary, in the sense that Ashley wants to ensure that we didn't build on hazardous wastelands that will give us the opposite of super powers. While I would like to ensure we aren't going to be living on some sort of pet cemetery remake for the foreseeable future.

Ashley's fear
Walt's fear

But on the bright side, we could actually gain super's right? I mean, wouldn't that be cool?
A lot of these guys got there start from uncontrolled fill I bet!


Editors Note. I came across this: What is Uncontrolled Fill?


No comments:

Post a Comment