Monday, November 28, 2016

Drywall: A Post-Thanksgiving Update

Ryan Homes has finally completed our drywall on our Avalon. Or so it appears, after several trips to the home site, including one that a certain person whom I love and names begins with "A" decided to leave her fingerprints in the mudding on a pillar.

You'd never guess who couldn't follow the "look, but don't touch" rule

I think I've mentioned this before, but I recall when I first began this blogging process, after combing through Ryan Homes blog upon blog, and noticing how most bloggers start off strong, and then tend to trail off. I was never quite sure why, as in, was it just slow progress during certain stages? Did real life kick in and time become scarce? etc., Obviously, after home completion, I can see the novelty of blogging wearing off (although I want/plan to continue), but still, I wasn't sure. In any event, I've noticed that I think the lack of posting often times is just (duhh, this should have been obvious to me) a combination of things. Ranging from slow progress, to no progress, to life picking up, to just lack of interest in posting pics and typing at times. So since I haven't posted in a while, I'm going to try to work myself out of the Thanksgiving malaise of too much food, and talk about what's occurred recently.

This guy gets it!
At this stage (rough timeline), they've completed mechanicals, insulation, and it appears most of the drywall! At this stage, seeing the drywall up gives a much better feel and visual for how the house looked. There's not too much detail to go into, so I'll just throw the pictures up and keep it moving. Oh, and we got garage doors!!!!

We've got garage doors

Add caption
Add caption

Upstairs
Kitchen looking into morning room
Dining Room
The giant scaffold they needed for the family room
Random closet
First floor bedroom closet
Family room looking into kitchen
Entry way stairs
Curious as to what those concrete patches are
Living room that will become my study
Dining Room
Tray Arch ceiling in master bedroom
Master bedroom
Karmen's room



Giant heater that keeps the drywall, well, dry!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment