Thursday, September 1, 2016

Delays: Hurry Up and Wait



Fast Snails. aka. Hurry Up and Wait...

Still no definitive start date on when Ryan Homes will break ground on our home. See below for this week's text from PM

Hi Walter, we have your start scheduled for next week, but a lot needs to happen for us to start. I'm still waiting on your permit. The developer still needs to move his equipment and dirt piles which is delaying my stakeout. The road was on schedule to be paved today but I didn't see anyone back there yet today. No signs of BGE yet. I'll let you know about next week when I have more answers. 



It's interesting, the entire rush that NVR Mortgage places on you, to get this document and that document, and so forth--then Ryan Homes, on the other hand, is veryyyyy laid back in terms of when they can and will begin your home.

On another note, the kids and I are slated to move out of our rented town home before the end of the month. Next stop is my Mom's house, until our Avalon is done, sometime this year I hope. So now here comes the joy of packing, and moving, only to pack and move again, one day in the future.

Who remembers this movie? Classic Richard Pryor

In any event, at this stage, it's seeming less and less likely that we'll be in our home by the original estimated move-in date of 11/15. Which is fine, but again, moving in before the end of the year would be awesome! I'm just not optimistic. However, I'd be happy when they just simply break ground!

After having read so various blogger's issues with Ryan Homes, pre-construction, and post-construction--I was somewhat mentally prepared for "delays". So I'll keep hope alive and such, but it's getting tougher by the day!


No comments:

Post a Comment