Wednesday, July 6, 2016

Electric Slide

We haven't had our "electrical" meeting yet, and I'm unsure if adding outlets later, as in, after the 30 day window, will count towards a "order" change or not. Thus resulting in the cost of the outlet and the cost of the order change.


I was looking at the electrical plans, and trying to figure out what all of the  dotted lines and dashed lines and squiggly lines meant, in terms of will we have enough outlets and what light switches will control what, etc.,
Yes, this line means, ummm...flux capacitor?


I am (or was?) hoping that we wouldn't have to decide on how many outlets, or even ceiling fan rough-ins, until the house frame was up, and we could better visualize the room layouts. And even then, I'm hoping that it'll be the case where I/we can go to the PM and say "we would like for this switch panel to control these lights and for that switch panel to control those lights", etc.,

On top of that, I wish (wonder?), that I could give them recessed outlet plates and have the electricians install them at certain places, instead of the standard ones.

This isn't the exact plate I'd like, but it's close

I know that I want to have an outlet on each side of our kitchen island.
I want an outlet in our master bedroom closet.
I want an outlet in the garage. You know, the funky looking kind for a deep freezer.

Finally, I think I'm picky on what lights can control where from what? Yes, that was probably confusing, but you know what I mean I bet!

For instance, some switches will be tied together in a common sense way *judging by the blueprint*. Meaning, the foyer light should be able to be controlled from the top of the stairs and the bottom. Same as the basement hall light, and so on. But until I'm actually in the house and can confirm with the electrician (or PM) what light panels allow me to control which lights, then I'm kind of in the dark--literally! (See what I did there?)



So, my fiance' thinks we need to sit down with our SR now, and sort these questions out. Otherwise, we'll risk being dinged for "change orders" later. So being better safe than sorry, I'll set that meeting up ASAP.

No comments:

Post a Comment