Tuesday, July 26, 2016

Dream Deferred

Life happens. Any and every adult and especially parent, knows that. So it was of no major surprise when we arrived at the model home for our meeting with the PM and Sales Rep, only to find that the PM couldn't attend due to family emergency. He sent along his sincerest apologies and promised a reschedule. Again, no major deal, since we were able to go through the options review with the SR, and we of course added some things and noticed something missing.

Additions:

  • We added an outlet to the garage for a deep freezer. This was all Ashley. I am all for an additional freezer. But just not in the garage. I like being able to get out of the car and not having to dance around bikes and big wheels and tools, and now, freezers! But she wanted, so she got it. 
What Walter wants to avoid

  • Added an outlet due to Guardian, for the TV to be mounted on the wall, above the fireplace.

  • We added an outlet in the master bedroom closet.

  • And here's the major one. We found out that somehow, lost in translation, we didn't already have the Roman shower selected! We realized this when our SR said something about the bath tub in the master bathroom, or maybe when I asked if there was a window in there. And when she said about the tub, all came to a screeching halt! So we added it ($995) and moved on.
What Walter wanted


Closer to what Walter got


And that was about it, for the pre-construction meeting, without the PM. Again, stuff happens, so our SR said he'd call us today sometime and we could have a chat. And that we'd still have a face to face meeting. So I'm not too concerned or anything. But the meeting was somewhat, not as exciting as I had hoped for.

One other aspect that both Ashley and I are looking forward to is meeting our new neighbors. Who are these other kindred spirits who bought homes along with us? Who else saw untamed land and said "I WILL SETTLE HERE"! In a bold and brave voice? I will conquer the land. I will fight off the wild animals! I will...ok. Maybe not all of that. But still...I am anxious to see who else is taking this journey with us?!




Next-up. I'll finally speak with and meet the PM. And get some questions answered. I'm prepared to hear no quite a bit! But so long as there's a good reason, then that's OK. 

No comments:

Post a Comment