Monday, June 27, 2016

Well water


Being "city clickers", one of the major things that we had to accept and will need to adjust to with our new home, is the dependence on well water.  This will be a huge leap from city systems, to a home with 3 acres of land and well water!  When our SR first mentioned that our development would rely on it, I was so caught up in the euphoria that I thought, no biggie! How different can it be? After all, it's not like we're bathing in it or drinking it, right?

The good ole (new) Griswolds


Wrong, dummy! That's actually exactly what we're doing.  And oh, by the way, well water also requires a "septic system"...another foreign concept to me, the city slicker.

Because it's the 21st century, and the entire community is using it, then I've kind of rationalized, "hey, how bad can this be?  Man developed and mastered this technology years ago right?"

Me man! Me get water from earth!

Rightfully so, everyone else around me who I've mentioned this to, from my father to Ashley cautions "pump your brakes Walt!  This will require a life-style adjustment".  To which I internally respond "How so?" And the first answer I hear is: "Wells, can run dry!"

I immediately envision:

Could this be us in a few months or years??


Now that I'm actually listening, I've begun asking co-workers, friends, the good ole internet: What do I need to know about well water (and septic systems)???

Anyone with experience? 

No comments:

Post a Comment