Monday, June 27, 2016

Big Backyards

Since being sold on "3 acres", I've been pondering: What do people do with BIG backyards?

Sort of like this guy, but you know, less mathy!
It's my understanding that our patio door (the one leading out of the morning room) will be about 2-3 feet off the ground (which consequently forced us to get a welled egress from the basement, instead of a walkout basement).  Growing up where I did, I am accustomed to 0.25-0.333 acre lots.  My last home's lot size was around that, with essentially enough to have a deck, a little playground, and enough room left over for a reasonable sized basketball hoop.

Something along the lines of this
This time around though, I'm thinking:

  • Basketball court
  • Deck
  • Stone patio
  • ...*Draws blank*
Because I'm an avid basketball fan, and amateur player (whenever time permits), I want a real court. Ultimately, I'd love to put a half-court in the yard somewhere. 

Dream court!

And then maybe a deck (which RH charges about $45-48 per sq. ft)
Maybe not this elaborate...but hey, dream big right?

And of course, the stone patio idea:
Not exactly like this, but close enough

It's after the stone patio, where I begin to draw blanks.  Does anyone have other thoughts or ideas on what to do with a large yard space?  I've done some Pinterest searching, and I've come up with:

  • Pool
  • Garden
  • Shed
  • Playground
  • Fountain
Anything else?  

No comments:

Post a Comment