Thursday, October 20, 2016

Not all wood is built the same

When we were walking around our house yesterday and marveling at that framing had actually begun, Ashley made note of some pieces of our lumber and framing joints, not looking as spiffy as others. While I took the stance that all pieces probably didn't need to be perfect, and that our PM was "likely" aware of such, we still decided to take some pictures and bring them to his attention, just in case. Especially since after all, Ryan Homes has been pushing him to complete all homes in our development by the end of the year!

Hole in plywood

 
Gap in seams


Another gap in seams
We also noted that while thought we had asked to have the optional windows we selected for the living room, to be moved down to the study (first floor bedroom), apparently we hadn't. Since we couldn't find any documentation stating that we had done so, we figured we'd ask our PM, when we inquired about the suspect wood.

I sent him a text the next day and his response is below:
Walter thanks for your pics and texts. These are things that are addressed when my framer comes for his punchout after I check the framing of your house. It is too late to make changes to your selections. I will however check to make sure everything you selected is included once they are done framing the roof. I'll reach out to you next week to discuss that and the upcoming schedule.

As you can see, straightforward answer to our inquiry! So no worries.

I'd also take this time to say that I am kicking myself for not getting every optional window possible!! According to our SR, Ryan Homes didn't offer bay windows in our region or on our model...i don't recall. However, I'm a big fan of natural light. Regardless, we definitely should have double checked that we did indeed, have the change order put in moving the windows from the living room to the first floor bedroom.

No comments:

Post a Comment