Tuesday, September 12, 2017

Starter Lawn: Spring to Now

Time has been flying. It's actually pretty amazing how quickly it passes. I've probably got tons of updates, but looking back at photos, I'll try progress in some sort of chronological order. Starting with some of the grass woes and concerns and progress. We gave Ryan Homes all 10's...except for landscaping.

My gripes were that:

  1. I didn't like their communication (they were slow on responding). 
  2. I didn't like the actual builders package (which in all honesty, I didn't expect premium grass seed, so this was a minor factor). 
  3. Of all things, what should be #1, is that I didn't like the way Ryan Homes played a lot of the the landscaping woes off on the developer. In particular, there was a portion of our grass that was within the lines of disturbance (LOD) which Ryan Homes says they are responsible for. And this portion contained an inordinate amount of rocks and stones.
We wound up going to Home Depot and buying several bags of grass seed and lime and a spreader, and hoses and sprinklers, etc., And we added seed and such to help fill our lawn out a little better. 







Editors Note: I just realized that I apparently don't have any "After" pics, only before ones. I'll take some tomorrow and add them.

Other things to note from this are the tire tracks and dead grass on the side of our yard. That's where Ryan Homes contractors and the developer, stored equipment or drove through, and just sort of decided "Hey, we aren't responsible for this". Which I guess is probably true...frustrating, but true!

No comments:

Post a Comment